Past/Present Business & Community Affiliations
Ernestine Massey, Board President
Ernestine moved from Seattle to Sitka in 1961, and was first elected to the Sitka Historical Society Board in October 1992. She edited the Society’s newsletter for a decade from 1994 to 2014. To date, Ernestine has served in all elected Board positions. From 2012 to the present, Ernestine has held an appointed position on a City user group and technical committee for the upgrade of Centennial Hall.
Other board experience includes:
• Elected and served two terms on the Sitka School Board serving twice as President
• President of the Alaska State Board of Education (4 years)
• Former Board Member of Mount Edgecumbe High School in Sitka
• Past Board President of the Chamber of Commerce
• Served three years, Executive Director of the Sitka Chamber of Commerce working for a 13 member board
• One of the founding members and board member of Sitka’s New Archangel Dancers for 25 years.
SHS Committee(s): Board Development, Fund Development, Building Development, Museum Design