Sitka History Museum’s 4th Annual Alaska Day Brew Fest & BBQ Brisket Cookoff Entry Form and Rules
Oct. 11 – Westmark Beer Pairing Dinner 6-8:00 p.m. @ Westmark Dining Rm. Tickets $50 ea on sale at Westmark and Sitka History Museum
Oct. 13 – Brew Cruise, 1:30-4:00 p.m. Departs Crescent Harbor, Tickets $50 ea on sale now at Sitka History Museum (907-738-3766) and 2 weeks prior to cruise at Old Harbor Books
Oct. 18 – AK Day Brew Fest, 2:30-6:00 p.m. @ Centennial Hall Parking Lot
Sitka History Museum Brewfest BBQ Brisket Cook Off Rules
October 18, 2019, 2:30 to 6:30 p.m., Centennial Hall Plaza
Categories (BBQ Brisket Cook Off)
Best overall brisket: 1st Place Ribbon, $100 prize & one year free admission to Museum
Best brisket flat: 1st Place Ribbon & one year free admission to Museum
Best brisket point: 1st Place Ribbon & one year free admission to Museum
General Cook Off Rules
1. There is no entry fee.
2. The Sitka Historical Society will purchase one (1) – 11 to 15 lb brisket for all contestants (if requested) for the contest.
3. Entry deadline – Oct. 17, 2018. Call Hal Spackman (907)738-3766 for entry form below and mail to: Sitka Historical Society, AK Day Brewfest Cook Off, 210 Seward St., Sitka, AK 99835.
4. Entries may be individuals or teams.
5. Tented area will be open for contestants to bring their own BBQ station for preparing brisket at 5:00 p.m., Oct. 17.
6. Contestants are to prepare and cook in the most sanitary manner possible.* See attached Safety Rules.
7. Contestants may prepare entrées at home and bring finished entrée to the Brewfest. However, food must never fall below a hot holding temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Contestants may not sell any other food or beverages, other than their entered brisket slices, at the Brewfest.
9. Profits from the sell of brisket will be go to the Sitka Historical Society.
10. Contestants must cook a minimum of 10 pounds of brisket.
11. Brisket must be cooked on wood, or wood pellet heat, no sous-vides, par boiling or deep-frying allowed.
12. Contestants must provide their own heat/cooking sources (SHS will provide electric plug ins).
13. Brisket will be judged on taste, appearance and texture.
14. Precautions must be made to prevent fire and accidents.
15. Contestants may reserve one serving for tasting and for the cook/team; but agree to donate the rest of their brisket to the Sitka History Museum (SHS will provide plates, forks and napkins).
16. BBQ Brisket will be judged at 3:30 P.M.
17. Contestants must submit for judging at least 3 slices of flat and 3 slices of point with burnt ends.
18. Sauce and garnish are optional; all submissions shall be in unmarked containers provided by the judges.
The Committee Chairperson reserves the right to make additional regulations as situations warrant.
Important: Please note, neither the Sitka Historical Society nor Centennial Hall will be responsible for any accidents, theft, injuries, etc. during the Brew Festival Cook Off.
Sitka History Museum Alaska Day Brewfest Cook Off Entry Form
Name (If team, please list all team members):
Please sign and mail this form to: Sitka Historical Society, 330 Harbor Drive, Sitka Historical Society
Call Hal Spackman, Sitka Historical Society at (907)738-3766 for more information about the Brewfest or Cook Off.